music

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

1863 Blog Post- Private Kist

                                                                                                                                             May 29, 1863
Dear Sweet Angels of the World,
         Things have gone from bad to worst. Multiple soldiers from my regiment have died from disease in the last week and it looks like there will be more to follow. The food supply is getting very low and it seems as though soon we will have to split one hard tack into six individual pieces. And the weather is getting moist and wet again and I think that is why there are soldiers dying. The only good thing I can think of at the moment is that I have got a soldier in my regiment educating me on the basics. I don't know if you could notice or not but I'm not misspelling as many words as I used to. To come to think about it, I haven't misspelled a word in a very long time. Wow, that really is a miracle. We haven't seen much action except the few times that we get raided or we raid a building or some enemy camp. The thing is, is that we are probably going see a little more action sooner or later since there was a little hint in the plans for us soldiers. The hint was that a group of soldiers might be going out at night and infiltrating enemy lines for food and medicine which will most likely by guarded if we are going to steal from their personal supply. And speak of the devil, we are now being called for a big meeting. I will write soon.

                                               Until next time,
                                                       Sweet Angels of the World

No comments:

Post a Comment

1865 blog by private matthews

Well I did not have to dessert after all. Last month General Lee surrendered at appomattax court house, and finally i can go home, away from...