music

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Enlistment Blog: Private Kist

                                                                                                                                           April 21, 1861
Dear Sweet Angles of the World,

        I have left my home in Henderson, Texas and signed up for the millitary. I will fight for my beleefs and way of life. We have to stop the Union in there tracks. The problem is is that I am getting a little to old to fight, for God's sake I am forty five! I have added my name to the oficial list of names. It now says the words Orlin Kist on it. I do hope I make it home in one peece for my wife, father, and for children. I now share a tent with a much older man than me. He's a queit one, my bunk mate. I don't no a thing about him. They say in the north that slavery is bad, but I won't beleeve a word those northerners say without prove and they don't have a shred of it. Today we were given a pep talk on the war. The north's certanty that they are going to win this war will doom them to fail. Today in camp was a relaxed day, probly the only relaxed day that we are going to get. In the folowing weeks we will be trained on what to do and what not to do. we may be the under dog, but we are strong. Those northerners don't no who they are messing with. The food isn't very good, but at least it's food. I don't even no what they are feeding us and I don't reely want to no. My regiment name is Kings of the South, power to the wealthy! I must go now, the are calling for everyone to go to sleep now. Tomorow will be an intresting day.
                                                 
                                                Good Night,
                                                               Sweet Angles   

No comments:

Post a Comment

1865 blog by private matthews

Well I did not have to dessert after all. Last month General Lee surrendered at appomattax court house, and finally i can go home, away from...