music

Monday, May 15, 2017

1865 - Majo Madden - Brady

Dear Wife, The Confederacy has lost this war of ideals. Union General Grant overwhelmed us, and was able to get General Lee to surrender. The terms of surrender were generous, allowing us to keep our privately owned horses and weaponry, at the expense of all Military Gear. Less than a week later, The Union fell apart. President Lincoln was assassinated by a hero, John Wilkes Booth. He sacrificed himself for the betterment of this Nation, and we owe him our thanks. I'll be returning home soon, along with my fellow soldiers. I hope you await my arrival. Best Wishes, Steven Madden

No comments:

Post a Comment

1865 blog by private matthews

Well I did not have to dessert after all. Last month General Lee surrendered at appomattax court house, and finally i can go home, away from...